Most of us use smartphones and tablets to connect to the Internet more than our computers or laptops, and for this reason we want to use the same devices to change WiFi router or modem password. In this regard, we want the way to teach you how to Change WiFi password with mobile phone .
In general, changing the Wi-Fi password with your phone or tablet is no different from your PC or laptop, however, due to the high popularity of smartphones and their increased use, many users are looking to change their Wi-Fi router password using them.
Why change WiFi password?
Of course, this is done to increase the security of users’ networks. First of all, when you buy a new router, you have to change its password and even its username. Newer routers usually have simple default passwords that can be easily guessed.
Read More: How to install Android app in Windows 11?
The process of changing the Wi-Fi password is simple and you can change it in a short time, but if you do not do so, hackers can gain access to your network in seconds. Also, do not use simple passwords as they are easier to obtain. With all of this in mind, we suggest you change your password, now either your smartphone or your system.
Learn how to change the WiFi password with the phone
As mentioned above, this is the same process with the system and the phone. To Change the WiFi modem password We suggest you read this Digito article. To change the Wi-Fi password with your phone or tablet, you must first connect to the Internet through the same network. In addition, when you change the password, all the devices connected to it will be disconnected and you will have to use the new password to reconnect.
Follow the steps below to change your Wi-Fi password with your phone or tablet:
- Go to your router’s browser with your smartphone browser (mostly Chrome on Android and Safari on iPhone). Default address of routers 192.168.1.1 You have to enter it in the browser’s address bar and enter it. Of course, if this is not the address of your router, you can look it up on the Internet or see the label below or next to your modem, which often contains this address. If the above address or methods do not work for you, contact support.
- When you enter the address in the browser bar and go to it, you will see a pop-up box or window asking for your username and password. In most cases it is necessary for both of them admin Write, but you can still see the label below the modem for more reassurance. If you have chosen another username and password for your modem but do not remember them, hold down the Reset button on the router for a few seconds (up to 30 seconds) to reset everything and return to factory settings.
- You will now be taken to the modem settings page. You should go to the Wifi or Wireless or WLAN section here, the name of which may vary depending on the manufacturer of your modem, but it will be one of the above. Of course, it is also possible that the wireless settings are in the Advanced Settings section.
- In this section, you must change the Wi-Fi password. WiFi password vs. phrase Password Or Passphrase Written. Here you can change your Wi-Fi password and of course go for a password that is not easy to guess. For example, you can use symptoms such as! Or use $ for your WiFi password.
- You can also change the type of router or modem encryption before saving the settings, as in Security Mode It is visible. We suggest from WPA2 Use which has higher security than other options.
- Finally, you have to click the Save or Apply option at the bottom of the page to save the changes you want.
With just a few simple steps above you can Mobile phone or tablet password WiFi Change. Of course, as mentioned above, after this, all devices connected to Wi-Fi will be disconnected, because the network password has changed. So with the new password, you have to reconnect them all to the Wi-Fi network and enjoy the Internet.
Frequently Asked Questions Change WiFi Password with Phone
Yes, this is possible and has a system-like process. With the phone and its browser, you have to enter the IP address of the router and go to the Wi-Fi settings.
In most cases, this address is 192.168.1.1, but depending on the brand of the modem, this address may be different. This address is often written below or next to the router.
Go to the IP address of the router with the browser, enter admin for username and password, enter the modem settings page. Go to Wireless settings and enter the new password in front of the Password or Passphrase section.