Microsoft Windows 10’s default font is almost the same as Windows 8, 7, Vista and Windows XP which is pretty old and boring. Are you tired of Windows 10 default font? Do you want to customize your Windows 10 by changing the default font? If so, then in this article of MAZHD, we will teach you how to change the Windows 10 font.
You can change the default font of the system by changing the registry, in you PC. In previous Windows, such as Windows 7, it was possible to change the settings and customize them. In fact, you could change the font of different sections, such as menus and explorer files, but this feature has been removed in Windows 10. If you are interested in changing the Windows 10 default font and want to get rid of the default Segoe UI font, you can make some changes to the registry to get what you want. In this series of Windows 10 tutorial, we will show you how to change the Windows 10 default font.
How to change Windows 10 font?
To change Windows 10’s default font, follow the steps below:
Warning: Editing a registry is a risk that, if done incorrectly, can lead to irreparable damage. We recommend you to back up your entire system before doing this. It is also possible to create a system restore point that will help you restore the changes.
- First enter Settings.
- Then click on the Personalization option.
- Now select the Fonts option.
- Then click on the family of fonts you want, such as Arial.
- Next Open Start.
- Then you have to Search Notepad and click on the top result to reopen the program.
- Copy the following registry code into the text file.
- You’ll need to replace the font name in the Enter-New-Font-Name location. For example, we can refer to writing Courier New.
- Click on the “File Settings”.
- Then click on the “Save As” option.
- At the bottom of the Save as Type settings, select the All Files option and the name of the file you want with the .reg extension. Change-windows-10-font.reg can be a good example.
- Then you should select Save.
- On the file of your choice that has the .reg extension, right-click and select Merge.
- Select the Yes option.
- Select the OK option.
- At last you should restart your device.
After completing the steps above, you should now see your new font family in important sections such as the Explorer file, toolbar, and other programs that use the default font.
Restore Back to Default Font
If you want to restore the changes back to default, just use the system restore point you created earlier.
- First open “Start”.
- Then you should search Notepad and click to open the program at the highest result.
- Copy the following registry code and replace it in the created text file.
- AT this point select the File option to enter its settings.
- Then select the Save As option.
- At the bottom of the “Save as Type” option, you must select “All Files” and the name of the file you want with the .reg extension. Change-windows-10-font.reg can be a good example.
- Then click on the “Save” option.
- Right-click on the .reg file and select Merge.
- Click Yes.
- Click OK.
- You should restart your device.
After completing the steps above, you should see the Windows 10 font by default, and thus restore the original font. An important point to keep in mind when changing the Windows 10 font is to use fonts with the right style.
- how to change computer font windows 10
- how to change font size in windows 10
- windows 10 font changed by itself
- how to change font on pc windows 8
- how to change your font for windows 10
- change font in file explorer windows 10
- how to change font in windows 10 1903
- windows 10 theme font change
As you can see the process was simple and easy. If you have any question regarding of the article or want us to write a tutorial for something just leave a comment down below in the comment section or contact us.