The latest Apple’s operating system MacOS Big Sur 11.2.2 is now available for users to download and install. Here’s how to get it on your Mac.
Apple’s latest operating system MacOS Big Sur 11.2.2 is now available for download as a free software update for all users. Apple released the beta version of MacOS Big Sur in August last year, this version has been made available to the public and fans for initial tests.
In this new version of MacOS Big Sur 11.2.2, you can customize the start page and add items such as favorite websites or the category of frequently visited websites to this page. Also in the new version of Safari, the user can change the background image of the start screen as desired. Browser tabs have also been improved, and when you hover the mouse pointer over the tab, the website preview is displayed.
In this update, not only do we see changes as well as the addition of new features, but all parts of the operating system itself have undergone significant changes. However, it remains to be seen to what extent these sweeping changes in reality could have improved the operating system.
MacOS Big Sur Features
macOS Big Sur 11.2.2 prevents MacBook Pro (2019 or later) and MacBook Air (2020 or later) models from incurring damage when they are connected to certain third-party, non-compliant powered USB-C hubs and docks.
- New design for apps makes it easier to focus on your content and take action with space efficient toolbars and full height sidebars
- Updated menu bar features wider spacing and a new translucent material that becomes more vibrant when you interact with it
- Refreshed system sounds include the boot chime and sounds for transferring files, moving items to the trash, locking files, and more
Once you download and install MacOS Big Sur 11.2.2, you can see some huge updates in control center, Safari app, Notification Center, Messages app, Maps app and so on.
- name: macOS Big Sur
- Manufacturer: apple
- Release date: 2020
- Source: apple
- Version: v11.2.2
- prescription: Mac App Store
How to download and install MacOS Big Sur 11.2.2
If you want to free download & install MacOS Big Sur 11.2.2, follow the steps below:
1. Before doing anything else, you should back up everything on your Mac, just to be safe. You don’t want to risk losing everything when you upgrade.
2. The next step is to make sure that you are running OS X 10.9 or later, and have 4GB of memory available, and 35.5GB available storage.
3. Now, go to apple.com/macos/big-sur. Or, go to System Preferences > Software Update, and find MacOS Big Sur. Either way, click Upgrade Now. The download for MacOS Big Sur 11.2.2 will start immediately, but the process may take some time.
Once you download and install the update and restart your computer, you’ll be running on MacOS Big Sur.