In this article, we are going to have a complete overview of how to run Android apps in Windows 11.
At the time of the unveiling of Microsoft’s Windows 11, in addition to the changes in appearance and new features, most of the attention was drawn to the ability to run Android programs directly on this operating system. Of course, at the time of launch, this feature was not yet ready and was not made available, but with the passage of time, we have seen its completion, to the extent that third-party programs have also been released to improve this experience.
This feature is made available by Microsoft itself, but under certain conditions. You will only be able to download the Android apps you want from the Amazon App Store. The problem is that this store is still in the experimental stages and most likely you will not find the programs you want in it (at the time of publishing this article, even Instagram or WhatsApp are not included in this store), on the other hand, this app store is currently only available in America. And even if its catalog was complete, we did not have access to it.
That’s why we need to use a third-party app that enables the process of installing Android apps and not an Android emulator like Blue Stacks. In addition, this program allows us to use any Iranian or foreign store and download programs from them. In the following, we will discuss the method of running Android applications in Windows 11.
Install the Amazon App Store
It is true that we have decided to use an intermediary app to install apps, but we still need to install the Amazon App Store because the bundle itself brings the necessary infrastructure and structure to run Android apps. The hard part of the process of running Android apps in Windows 11 is also this part.
Amazon app store system requirements
- RAM: 8 GB (preferably 16 GB)
- Processor: Intel Core i3 8th Gen, AMD Ryzen 3000, Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c or higher
- Memory: Solid-state drive (SSD)
- Microsoft App Store version: Version 22110.1402.6.0 or higher
- Windows 11: Build 22000.526
To check the required system, follow this path: Settings -> System -> About
Next, to check whether your main drive is SSD or not, follow this path: Settings -> System -> Storage -> Advanced Storage Settings -> Disks & volumes
Finally, it is best to make sure that your Windows and Microsoft App Store have received the latest necessary updates.
Windows subsystem for Android needs to enable virtualization (Virtualization) at the hardware and software level. Since these steps vary per device, you may want to check your manufacturer’s support website for details, depending on your computer. If you have a computer with modern hardware, this feature may already be enabled. Normally, to enable Virtualization Technology, you need to enter Bios and find this option from the Advanced section and change it to Enable. Once virtualization is enabled, you can enable the Virtual Machine Platform feature in Windows 11.
For this, you need to search for Turn Windows features on or off from the Start menu. Find the Virtual Machine Platform option and check the box next to it. Finally, select OK.
- Enter the Microsoft App Store.
- Search Amazon Appstore.
- Select the Install option on the page related to the program.
- Click on Set up.
- Select Download and wait because it will take some time.
- After the download is finished, select Next and Restart respectively to restart your computer.
- You don’t need to sign in or sign up for the Amazon app. Just installing it is enough.
Install WSA PacMan and Android apps on Windows 11
To install this intermediary program and GUI, you must first change the settings in the new program installed on your system with Amazon, i.e. Windows Subsystem for Android.
Windows Subsystem for Android settings
- First, search for Windows Subsystem for Android in the Start menu and enter the program.
- Enter the developer tab. In this section, make sure that Developer mode is turned on.
- From the same tab, click on Manage Developer Settings.
- Then look for USB Debugging and turn it on.
- Finally, return to the System tab and select Turn Off Windows Subsystem for Android.
Download and install WSA PacMan
- You can download the WSA PacMan program from GitHub or any site you want.
- After downloading, go through the process of installing the program.
- Finally, if there is no problem (or by clicking on the Connected box once), opening WSA PacMan, you will see Connected.
- You can then download any APK file you want from different app stores and install it easily.
- Note that if the Install option is not available when installing the programs, select the Turn Off Windows Subsystem for Android option once again through the Windows Subsystem for Android program.
Did you manage to install your Android apps on your system? You can ask us and your friends about running Android apps in Windows 11 IT provider ask.